This year will see the exciting addition of the Margs Dirty Film Festival. All those budding film makers out there will be asked to put a short film together, a selection of those will be shown on the night for judging.
Not into making movies… we’d love to see you along on the night. The bar will be open from 5.00pm and woodfired pizzas available for purchase! Come and check out the films and lend your support with the all important viewers choice award.
A short film. like a short trail, can be over in a few minutes but if it packs a punch and really picks you up then it is worth the ride. We want you to make a short film and get our audience buzzing!
Anything and everything to do with mountain biking, riding, trail building use your imagination. It’s your film, your story – let your mind run FREE!
All entries MUST be submitted by 5:00pm Thursday, 30 June 2015.
The film must be longer than 1 minute and shorter than 3 minutes.
There is no entry fee.
More than one entry is OK
If you wish you are able to submit more than one entry.
If selected as a finalist, your film will be screened at the Margs Dirty Film Festival on Saturday, 16 July 2016 and may be uploaded to the MRORCA website and / or Facebook page. We may also use the whole or part of your film to promote future events within MRORCA.
You can submit your film in any of the following formats: AVI, MOV, QuickTime. Shoot your film any way you like but make sure we can use it. We will accept entries on DVD, USB drive or HDD.
Winner & Prizes
The winner will be announced at the screening of the finalists. You don’t have to be there to
We are confirming some great prizes and will announce these closer to the night!
Following the showing of the finalists we will invite the audience to vote for their favourite film with the winner being awarded some great prizes to be announced closer to the date.
If using any copyrighted music you must seek permission to use this.
What we don’t want to see!
So your movie can be screened in a public arena and to all ages please…
- No rude words
- Nothing rude / sexually inappropriate
- No violence
- No racism or sexism
- Don’t badmouth anyone
Please ensure you have permission from everyone that appears in your film. Download the Permission to Appear form. If anyone in your film is under 18 you must get their parent’s permission, as well. Download Permission to Appear and Under 18 Consent
MRORCA Margs Dirty Film Festival Rules
- Entries must be no longer than 3 minutes long.
- Film festival entries may be made on an individual or team basis
- Upon submission, entrants are granting rights to Margaret River Off Road Cycling Association (“MRORCA”) to:
- Exhibit the film at the Margs Dirty Weekend and any subsequent affiliated event.
- Reproduce the film for inclusion as part of a compilation
- Exhibit the production either in part or in total for promotional purposes.
- Entries must be appropriate for public broadcast, and must not violate any copyright or other legal requirements.
- The film entrant/producer warrants to MRORCA that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music. ‘Permission To Appear’ & ‘Parental Consent’ forms can be found below. Entrants must include a full credit list on the film.
- The operations and subsequent conduct of the competition is solely at the discretion of MRORCA organising committee.
- It is the responsibility of the entrants to have a copy of their entry.
- The judges’ decision is final. Finalists and subsequent winner will be announced at the MArgs Dirty Film Festival screening on Saturday 16th July 2015. Finalists will be advised via email or phone within 24 hours of announcement.
- The Peoples’ Choice award will be tallied by votes received at the showing of finalists’ films at the MRORCA screening at the discretion of MRORCA organising committee.