Lil’ Miss Orca… a mentoring and coaching group to encourage young girls into and to remain in the sport of mountain biking.
Our aim with Lil’ Miss Orca is to create a positive environment for girls to increase their confidence on their mountain bikes through skills training, group rides and games. Our mentors have many years of riding between them and want to see more girls and women in the sport and want to encourage girls to have as much fun on their bikes as they have. With a strong emphasis on fun these sessions are aimed at all girls, whether you want to be the next Rachel Atherton or just a weekend warrior.
- Minimum Level 0 MTBA Coaches
- Women mentors
Runs every Thursday from 4pm to 5pm in the school term for girls aged 7-16. Terms starts 7 February through to 4 April 2019.
$50 for the term. Limited numbers.
What You’ll Need
• A MRORCA Family Membership
• A mountain bike in good working order with gears, hand brakes and mountain bike tyres. If you are unsure if your daughter’s bike is suitable take it to your local mountain bike store and ask them to have a look over it for you. All bikes will need to get a Lil’ Miss Certificate from their local bike shop to participate.
• Australian Safety Standards Approved Helmet
• Each girl will need to have MTBA membership for insurance purposes. Visit their website for options and check out our story on MTBA membership. If you still have queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message through facebook or instagram messenger.
Who are our mentors
Our mentors all covered to work with children and have first aid certificates. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]