Lil’ Miss Orca… a mentoring and coaching group to encourage young girls into and to remain in the sport of mountain biking.
Our aim with Lil’ Miss Orca is to create a positive environment for girls to increase their confidence on their mountain bikes through skills training, group rides and games. Our mentors have many years of riding between them and want to see more girls and women in the sport and want to encourage girls to have as much fun on their bikes as they have. With a strong emphasis on fun these sessions are aimed at all girls, whether you want to be the next Rachel Atherton or just a weekend warrior.
- Minimum Level 0 MTBA Coaches
- Women mentors
Runs every Thursday from 4pm to 5pm in the school term for girls aged 7-16. Term 3, 2020 starts Thursday July 23 through to September 17, 2020.
$50 for the term. Limited numbers.
What You’ll Need
• A MRORCA Family Membership
• A mountain bike in good working order with gears, hand brakes and mountain bike tyres. If you are unsure if your daughter’s bike is suitable take it to your local mountain bike store and ask them to have a look over it for you. All bikes will need to get a Lil’ Miss Certificate from their local bike shop to participate.
• Australian Safety Standards Approved Helmet
• Each girl will need to have MTBA membership for insurance purposes. Visit their website for options and check out our story on MTBA membership. If you still have queries, please contact us at email@example.com, or send us a message through facebook or instagram messenger.
Who are our Coaches?
Our coaches are all covered to work with children and have first aid certificates.
Bec Steele has a whopping 20+ years mountain biking experience under her belt. She had her first taste of mountain biking in Portugal in the 90’s and took to it like a duck to water.
Bec moved to Margaret River 13 years ago and worked for Dirty Detours as a tour guide taking school groups through Boranup Forest, and more advanced riders through South Carters Creek Trails. She started the successful MRORCA Kids Rides in the pines and she is an active member of MRORCA and races in the WA Gravity Enduro Series.
Bec has two children – her 7 year old, Sage, is keen to ride with other girls and is the reason for starting “Lil’ Miss Orca”.
Bec is currently a MTBA Level 0 MTB Coach and is keen to build on that qualification to help the girls reach their full potential.
Dianne has been competing for 11 years within the Western Australia Mountain Bike scene and is part of the “Giant WA Racing Team”.
In 2015, Di started “Margaret RivHER MtbHER” social rides and coaching for local ladies. She is also an accredited MTBA Instructor. Di works as a mountain bike tour guide in her own business “Margaret River Mountain Bike Tours”.
“I ride for the Fun, Fitness and Friendship. I love helping women and girls gain confidence on a Mountain Bike.”
I ride for the Fun, Fitness and Friendship. I love helping women and girls gain confidence on a Mountain Bike.