Last night’s Special Meeting of MRORCA voted unanimously for the merger of MRORCA and MRCC. Amongst other things, MRCC members will now automatically have their membership rolled over into MRORCA and commencement will begin immediately to merge all other club assets and operations into MRORCA. For now at least, MRORCA will remain the brand name for the group.
– The AGM then elected a new Committee for the 2014/15 year from the combined nominations and we are pleased to announce the new Committee structure is:
- Stepan Libricky – Chairperson
- Andrew Mann – Secretary
- John Dingey – Trail Building & Maintenance
- Jodie Berry – to be confirmed Social Rides and Events Co-ordinator / Marketing
- James Stephenson – to be confirmed Social Rides and Events Co-ordinator / Membership
- David Willcox – Trail Advocacy
- Tony Fletcher – Grants & Funding
There were 7 positions filled from nominations and the Committee will now search for other members to fill the vacant positions. In particular, we are looking for someone with account / bookkeeping skills to take on the Treasurer role.
If anyone knows of someone with an interest in mountain biking we would appreciate the help to fill this position.
We are looking forward to 2015 being a constructive and rewarding year with more rides, more trails and even more members. See you out there.
Cheers (and signing off as Marketing Committee),